Looking for natural ways to remove carpet stains? Continue reading this article and find out the simplest ways to remove stains from carpets without toxic chemicals.
Even if few modern women know of the natural ways to remove carpet stains, these simple tips and tricks we’re about to share with you were well-known by our grandmothers. Back in the day, there weren’t as many carpet stain remover solutions as we have now, but at the same time, carpet cleaning was much safer and easier, as they didn’t use the toxic chemicals we use today. If you’re into natural homemaking, then you must know of these natural ways to remove carpet stains. As a bonus, we have an amazing natural carpet stain remover diy recipe for you and a carpet refresher one as well. Let’s get started.
In This Article You Will Find:
7 Natural Ways to Remove Carpet Stains
- Alcohol stains. First, dab the carpet with a wet sponge, soaked in a salted water solution, until you notice that the stain has come out almost completely. If it persists, put a drop of dishwashing liquid on the carpet, rub it in, and then rinse with water.
- Chocolate stains. Lightly rub the carpet stain with a mixture made of equal parts of vegetable glycerin and warm water. Rinse with warm water. If necessary, repeat the process. Or, just rub vegetal glycerin gently, let it act for a few minutes, then rub the area with a soapy but squeezed sponge and rinse with warm water.
- Coffee & tea stains. Rub the stains with a solution of water and salt, until the stain is no longer visible. If the stain persists, wipe it with a natural carpet stain remover made by mixing a teaspoon of boric acid in 250 ml of water. Then rinse with cold water.
- Red wine stains. You can remove red wine stains from the carpet by rubbing them with a natural solution made of cold water in which you add a little ammonium bicarbonate.
- Grease stains. Sprinkle some baking soda on the stain and rub gently. Let it act overnight, then vacuum-clean the area. If there are traces left, wipe gently with a little soap lather.
- Ink stains. To remove ink stains from a carpet, moistened the stains with mineral sparkling water, and then rub them with a brush or cloth.
- Pet stains. First, remove the poo, pee, or vomit quickly so as to not damage the carpet. Then prepare the following natural carpet stain remover. Combine together 125 ml of natural alcohol such as vodka, 125 ml of water, and one teaspoon of natural dishwashing liquid in a spray bottle and shake well. First dab the stains with paper towels, then spray the solution on the stains. Rub gently with a damp sponge, then rinse with clean water. That’s it!
100% Natural Carpet Stain Remover DIY
What You Need:
- 1 teaspoon of natural dishwashing liquid
- 60 ml of white wine vinegar (1/4 cup)
- 250 ml of warm water (1 cup)
Preparation & Use: Combine the ingredients in a spray bottle (you can reuse an empty bottle from a window cleaner solution). Shake well, and your natural carpet stain remover is ready. Spray the carpet stains with this natural carpet stain remover, then gently rub the carpet with a damp sponge. This all-natural solution removes all types of carpet stains. You can find the ingredients for the natural carpet stain remover below.
100% Natural Carpet Refresher DIY
What You Need:
Preparation & Use: Add the lavender essential oil drops to the sodium bicarbonate and whisk very well with a fork and your natural carpet refresher is ready. Spread a thin layer of the carpet refresher on the carpet, let it act for at least two hours, then vacuum clean your carpet. Baking soda absorbs all the carpet odors, while lavender essential oil spreads a refreshing and pleasant scent in your home. You can find the ingredients for the natural carpet refresher below.
Natural Tips to Extend The Life of Your Carpets
- Revive carpet colors. You can naturally revive the colors of your carpets if you rub them with the water in which you have soaked 5 unpeeled grated potatoes for several hours. To revive the colors and extend the life of your woolen carpets or curtains wipe them with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of ammonium bicarbonate and 1 cup of warm water.
- Eliminate vacuum odor. To neutralize the musty smell of your vacuum cleaner, put a few drops of the essential oil that you like in the filter bag, just before using the vacuum cleaner.
Home cleaning can be fun and actually less dangerous if we make our own cleaning products with non-toxic ingredients. If you’ve enjoyed learning about these natural ways to remove carpet stains at home, as well as our natural carpet stain remover diy and natural carpet refreshener diy, please share this article so more people can use this info. Let us know in the comments below what is your favorite natural carpet stain remover you make yourself.
Share on Pinterest