If you want to know which are the healthiest teas in the world and their health benefits, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Herbal teas have been used for ages by healers and shamans all over the world to soothe and heal different ailments. However, today we know little about them because they are not marketed as strongly as other, less beneficial, yet more popular teas, such as green tea or black tea. Without further ado, let’s jump into our top 9 healthiest teas in the world and their health benefits. Let the countdown begin!
9 Healthiest Teas and Their Health Benefits
9. Linden Tea
Linden flowers tea is one of the most powerful healing teas there is, which is why we could not have left out this wonderful tea from our healthiest teas list. In addition, is one of the most pleasant tasting teas on this list too. It has neurosedative and detoxifying properties, boosts immunity, and relieves stress. Linden flowers contain active substances that stimulate tissue repair by helping the body to quickly replace diseased cells with new and healthy ones.
Linden flowers tea has a sedative effect, and drinking a cup in the evening before going to bed can help you fast asleep. It is also great against cough, bronchitis, cold, and flu symptoms, but also biliary dyskinesia. It can also be used for inhalations and gargles for tonsils, pharyngitis, laryngitis. Used topically, linden flowers tea can be used for foot baths when you have a cold or to make for tired eyes snd inflamed eyelids. This makes it one of the healthiest teas to add to your day to day use.
Health Benefits of Linden Tea
- Respiratory diseases – bronchitis, bronchopneumonia
- ENT conditions – tonsillitis, rhinitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis
- Viral conditions – cold, flu
- Central nervous system illnesses – insomnia, agitation, anxiety, worry, anger
- Neurological diseases – headache, neurovegetative dystonia, trigeminal neuralgia
- Cardiovascular conditions – heart failure, hypotension, heart neurosis
- Digestive illnesses -gastritis, gastric ulcer, colic and spastic conditions of the digestive tract, diarrhea
- Infant conditions – colic, agitation, colds, viruses, insomnia
8. Licorice Root Tea
Licorice root contains many essential oils and salts, that help regenerate cells, protect irritated mucous membranes, and facilitate the absorption of other medications. It has antispasmodic, antitussive, expectorant, cleansing, anti-inflammatory, and invigorating effects. But most importantly, licorice root is one of the strongest natural hormone regulators, making it one of the healthiest teas that one can use to replace potentially harmful synthetic hormone drugs.
Licorice tea is recommended in the treatment of gastritis and gastroduodenal ulcer, angina, pharyngitis, bronchitis, irritative cough, smoking, rheumatic diseases, and dermatitis. In addition to licorice root tea, licorice root powder and licorice root extracts are the most potent formulas to use licorice for its health benefits. This is one of the top healthiest teas in the world, no doubt about it.
Health Benefits of Licorice Root Tea
- Osteoporosis (treatment and prevention)
- Menopause symptoms – hot flashes, sweat, irritability
- Viral hepatitis A, B, and C
- Hyperacid gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcer
- Rheumatism, degenerative rheumatism
- Infertility in women, frigidity
- Dry cough, irritative cough, acute and chronic bronchitis
- Dandruff and irritation of the scalp
- Allergic reactions
7. Red Clover
The healing power of the red clover has been known for thousands of years. Healers have used it in concoctions to treat women’s issues, skin burns, abscesses, and bone pains. Nomadic populations from the steppes of Central Asia sprinkled chopped clover leaves in boiling milk to increase vigor and resilience to the harsh weather, while the Vikings prepared effective remedies from red clover to fight flu and colds. Today, herbal doctors praise the virtues of red clover, one of the healthiest teas there is.
Red clover tea has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, anti-allergic, anti-fungal effects, and is used to detoxify the body, fight frequent bleeding, treat heart issues, asthma, anemia, or liver disease. It also helps flush uric acid from the body, the leading cause of gout and arthritis. The flavonoids in red clover flowers and leaves have a natural estrogenic effect, this is why this tea has amazing benefits in the treatment of menopause-related problems. Red clover tea is one of the healthiest teas there is.
Health Benefits of Red Clover Tea
- Detoxification of the lymphatic system
- Menstrual cramps, heavy menstrual bleeding
- Ovarian inflammations
- Digestive disorders, constipation, gastric ulcer
- Bronchitis, whooping cough
- Kidney stones
- Chest pain (angina)
- Post-surgery recovery
- External use: fungi, boils, skin abscesses, and conjunctivitis
- Cancer (poultices)
6. Wild Thyme
Wild thyme tea is one of the most powerful natural antibiotics in a cup, and one of the healthiest teas. This is due to the main components found in its essential oil, namely thymol, carvacrol, α-pinene, limonene, linalool, geraniol, and β-bisabolene. Wild thyme tea is a natural decongestant for the airways and is successfully used in sinusitis or ear congestion. It also is a natural disinfectant for the intestines, a great antiseptic, and even more, it improves circulation, including brain supply with blood.
Its antispasmodic effect makes thyme tea a great natural reliever for menstrual pains. Experimental studies on animal studies have shown an antihormonal and thyroid-like hormone effect on the pituitary gland. Thyme tea is also great against mycotoxins, which makes it one of the top healthiest teas in the world.
Health Benefits of Thyme Tea
- Digestive ailments
- Lack of appetite
- Food poisoning
- Intestinal cramps and flatulence
- Enterocolitis and intestinal parasites
- Cough and phlegm
- Cold and flu
- Laryngitis, bronchitis, asthma
- Liver cleanse
- Bile support
- Toothache (oral antiseptic)
Nettle tea is one of the healthiest teas in the world, famous for its anemia-fighting, energizing, and mineralizing properties. It is also a powerful cleanser for the blood and an excellent tonic that strengthens the immune system naturally. Nettle tea is one of the healthiest you can drink, with multiple health benefits.
It has hepatoprotective, antimicrobial, antidiarrheal, antihemorrhagic effects that fight digestive disorders. On the other has it also has expectorant, emollient, antitussive, antiasthmatic, and anti-inflammatory properties for the respiratory tract. Due to the flavonoids in it, nettle tea drains excess urea, creatinine, and uric acid from the kidneys. It’s one of the best teas you can drink if you want to have a flawless complexion and is one of the best herbal rinses for the hair that you can make at home. Nettle tea is without any doubt, one of the healthiest teas there is.
Health Benefits of Nettle Tea
- Immune booster
- Blood cleanser
- Liver detox – liver failure caused by excess medical drug abuse
- Acne and skin conditions (internal and external use)
- Anemia, lack of appetite
- High blood pressure
- Bowel regulation
- Phlebitis and thrombophlebitis
- Mouth inflammations, canker sores
- Hair loss, dandruff, frail hair
- Impotence and prostate adenoma
- Gastric issues caused by smoking
- Bone conditions
4. Dandelion Root
For centuries, dandelion has been known as one of the most powerful detoxifying herbs, and is one of the healthiest teas ever. Due to the bitter active substances, it contains, this simple tea tones the tired liver, stimulates the activity of the kidneys and the intestines. It plays a key role in eliminating toxins. Dandelion root tea is recommended for all conditions in which there are gland disorders. It increases diuresis, increases glandular secretion, and normalizes blood circulation.
Dandelion root has been used since ancient times as a medicine for very many ailments. It fights gout, tuberculosis, and rheumatism, obesity, arteriosclerosis, blood-related conditions, and some forms of diabetes. Even more so, dandelion root tea is effective in the stomach and intestinal conditions, as well as ailments of the gallbladder, liver, kidneys.
It helps heal all types of skin conditions, making this simple tea almost a universal cure, for everyone. Dandelion root tea is highly recommended for the spring detox. The good news is that the inulin in its root make dandelion root tea have a pleasant taste, and it’s a great natural alternative to coffee. Dandelion root tea, is without any doubt, one of the healthiest teas in the world.
Health Benefits of Dandelion Root Tea
- Body detox
- Normalize blood flow and heart rate
- Blood cleanse
- Liver detox, cirrhosis
- Bile ailments
- Kidneys detox, kidney stones, and cystitis
- Weight loss
- Thyroid disorders
- Joint pain (baths)
- Skin irritations
- Natural skincare
3. Burdock Root
We couldn’t have missed the burdock root tea from our list of the healthiest teas in the world. The reason is that burdock root is one of the best teas for the liver. Burdock is loaded with large amounts of inulin, palmitic acid, sitosterols, B-complex vitamins, and caffeic acid amongst others. In its leaf are substances that acta as natural antibiotics.
Burdock root supports the general function of the liver and improves hormonal balance. Due to its deep tissue cleanse properties, burdock root tea flushes out pathogens, toxins, and gunk from the congested tissues and organs. It’s one of the best herbal teas for endometriosis because this condition is caused by body toxicity combine with stress. It’s one of the healthiest teas out there, an amazing cleaning herb.
Health Benefits of Burdock Root Tea
- Liver detox, cirrhosis
- Bile detox, gallstones
- High blood sugar and diabetes
- Hair loss (scalp massage) and dandruff
- Rheumatic pain (poultice)
- Sprains and insect bites (topically)
- Kidney stones
- Blood cleanse
- Hormonal acne
- Skin allergy
Read Also: 30+ Burdock Root Uses, Benefits, and Amazing Home Remedies
2. Lemon Balm
Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) is one of the most used medicinal plants in the world (the Germans have a true cult for it) which makes one of the healthiest teas in the world. Probably the most important health benefit of lemon balm tea is for the nervous system. In small doses and drunk occasionally, lemon balm is an excellent nerve reliever, highly recommended for headaches (caused by stress and overload), insomnia, as well as for digestive disorders triggered by stress. Lemon balm tea is one of the best sleeping pill you can take with zero side effects.
In addition, is one of the best herbal teas for hormonal imbalances for women, and for the thyroid because it strongly inhibits the action of thyroid hormone. Hopefully in the years to come, we will have a breakthrough medicine using lemon balm for hyperthyroidism, because this simple herb is that good for this specific thyroid disorder. Due to its cleansing properties, lemon balm is a great tea for detoxifying the liver, the colon and clearing the skin, because skin problems are caused by liver toxicity. This is one of the healthiest teas in the world that anyone should have in their herbal teas collection.
Health Benefits of Lemon Balm Tea
- Nervous system: headaches caused by stress, insomnia, digestive issues caused by stress (IBS, SIBO, Crohn’s, etc)
- Alzheimer’s, memory loss, post-traumatic memory disorders, or caused by cerebral vascular problems.
- Depression, suppressed emotions
- Hyperthyroidism (strongly inhibits the action of thyroid hormone (Tsh) in the body)
- Women’s problems: irregular menstrual cycles, PMS, painful menstruation, spasms, headaches
- Joint pain: rheumatism, degenerative joint disease
- Gastrointestinal issues: fermentation colitis, spasms and inflammation (inhibits the overgrowth of fermentation bacteria in the colon), enteritis, IBS
- Liver & bile ailments: biliary dyskinesia, cholecystitis, and an adjuvant against gallstones, viral hepatitis
- Herpes (type I and II) – external use
- Anti-aging – helps maintain the youth of the body cells by annihilating free radicals (molecules in the blood that are responsible for aging).
The elders of the Dobrujan villages, Romania referred to chamomile as the flower of heaven, because they used it’s amazing power to heal any suffering, to bring peace and well-being. If you want to boost immunity naturally, drinking chamomile tea daily is a great remedy, because it is an unbeatable blend of immune-boosting substances. Studies have shown that the active ingredients in chamomile flowers help the cells of the immune system to identify and eliminate the sources of infection in the body faster.
The active substances in chamomile are easily assimilated by the body, which is proof of the miraculous compatibility with the human body. The antibacterial and antifungal properties are concentrated in volatile oils, which is why the most effective preparation with chamomile is the tea. Chamomile tea is a panacea used to heal most of our illnesses, as well as an amazing natural skincare and haircare.
Chamomile is suitable for all skin types but is especially indicated for healing dry, irritated skin. It soothes, moisturizes, and solves many problems related to pimples, eczema, acne, infections, sunburn, and allergies. Chamomile shampoos are widely used, which accentuate the color of the natural blonde hair. Without any doubt, chamomile is one of the healthiest teas there is, if not the healthiest tea in the world.
Health Benefits of Chamomile Tea
- Immune booster: cold, flu, sinusitis, bronchitis, asthma, tracheitis, laryngitis (great for the upper respiratory tract)
- Gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcer, colitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome, abdominal pain, bloating
- Urinary tract infections
- Jaundice and liver pain
- Fungal infections
- Rheumatism and rheumatic pain, sprains, blows, pain related to sciatica or vertebral displacement (external use)
- Menstruation pain, vaginal discharge, candida
- Anxiety, stress, insomnia
- Acne, eczema, irritated skin, irritated eyes (topical use)
- Skin allergy, skin burn
- Natural skin and hair care
Read Also: 9 Delicious Types of Honey and Their Health Benefits
We hope you’ve enjoyed our Top 9 Healthiest Teas countdown. Now that you know which are the healthiest teas in the world and why, please share the word so more people learn about the healthiest teas and how to use them to heal naturally.
Share on Pinterest ❤️